Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

KNIGHTS AND SOLDIERS ON THE PATH


The further from home that Brownlea took me on his strong back, the more upset I became that they had taken my dear father way as if we were a slave. Probably they would make him into a slave, I thought. I just had to do something to stop them! ‘Please God, please help me…” It washed over me again, that perhaps I was being foolish. ‘I’m just a little girl’ – yes, and those men out there, the kidnappers, they were all like giants. More than just one goliath!
Oh, no, a company ahead. Two knights riding towards me with a large company following them.
I yelled at Brownlea to halt and pulled back on his reins. He skittered and I struggled to control him, wanting to keep him right there on the road. It didn’t occur to me at the time that they could be some, or all, of the kidnappers. I’m glad they weren’t.
The two knights rode close to me, one on either side.
I blurted, “Sir Tristan ... did he pass this way? And about twenty soldiers? ... They’ve stolen my father… Baron Chatelain ... he’s their prisoner!”
The men lifted the visors on their helmets and one said, “We met Sir Tristan but there wasn’t a prisoner with them… but…”
The men turned their horses and yelled at the whole company to turn around.
It was strange.
They all rode back the way they had come.
There was nothing to do, but to follow… 
Jobyna

No comments:

Post a Comment